Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Zoo

Today would have been my sister's 33rd birthday.  She passed away suddenly 4 years ago from a blood clot.  Missy and I didn't exactly have the same fashion sense.  She made fun of me every holiday because I like to accessorize to fit the occasion.  Of course, the more she teased, the gaudier I had to be!  She probably would not have been caught dead in most of the jewelry I make.  I miss her terribly, but she left behind a little boy, Jourdyn (and yes, I tried my best to talk her out of that spelling), who is exactly like her--in looks and in actions.  

On a happier note, we took a group of kids from church to a little zoo in a neighboring county yesterday.  It wasn't a big zoo, but we had a lot of fun.  The kids are much braver than I am:

 
On the far left is  my daughter, Katie, who appeared to be a little leery--like her mama!  Then, my other daughter Hannah, Savannah, and my niece Grace.  I liked the cute furry animals a little better!  One of my favorites was the spotted leopard.  In his (or her?) honor, I made these earrings:


If I had been on the ball, I would have made these ahead of time and worn them to the zoo.  That's something my sister would have rolled her eyes about!

No comments:

Post a Comment