Thursday, April 26, 2012

On the Roof

One of my cats is either not the brightest crayon in the box, or a genius.  I'm starting to think she's outsmarting me.  She's learned to climb onto the roof and act like she can't get down so that I'll take pity on her and let her in through the window.  It's worked really well for her the past two nights, when we've had thunderstorms.  She's gotten to sleep inside--something she doesn't ordinarily get to do because of the allergies Travis and Hannah have.  This morning I awoke to her sitting on top of me, running her (very sharp!) claws down the side of my face.  I think she thought she was being helpful by waking me up.  If it weren't storming, I would have gotten her off the roof, put her back outside, and then if she climbed back up then so be it.  But, I'm a sucker and I can't stand the thoughts of her on the roof when it's raining, and especially when it's lightening.  I think she's got this figured out.  Smart kitty!


The meeting with the Lays building folks went well today.  The jewelry making classes are a go, and I should be able to start in the next 3-4 weeks.  I'm excited and hope there's a lot of interest!  It's a small town, though, and everyone is so busy these days it's hard to find time to do anything.  Got my fingers crossed, though.  I think I'm going to start with the basics first--basic earring, bracelet and necklace making.  

In honor of these classes, I thought I'd show you some pics from some of the classes I took when I first started making jewelry.  This is the first pair of earrings I made:


I almost cringe when I see them now because my style has definitely evolved, and my skills have improved so much.  This is a necklace from a pearl knotting class I took:


 I haven't knotted in a while, so I need to brush back up on the technique.  Finally, these are a couple of pendants I made in a class on wire wrapping pendants:


These were the most basic of the ones we made.  One of the others I wear fairly regularly, and I sold the last a long time ago.  

Off to bed now.  Hopefully I can avoid waking up in the morning with a fresh batch of claw marks!

No comments:

Post a Comment