Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Hoarding

I've got a really bad habit of hoarding beads.  I don't think I'm the only beader who does this, but there are certain beads I get that I just can't seem to use right away.  A friend of mine got this pendant when I bought mine:


When she mentioned to her husband that she wanted to make sure she did something she really liked with it he said "can't you just cut it apart if you don't like it?".  Obviously he's not a beader.  That would be too simple.  Of course you can cut pieces apart and start over.  But, it's more fun to obsess for a while about what to make and then get it right the first time!  Here are a couple other pieces I'm hoarding:







Today was Katie's last day of fiddle lessons until fall.  The kids gave a little recital for the parents, and did a great job!  Here's my little fiddler in action:


It's going to be a busy month with all the end of the school year activities.  Hopefully my beading time won't be interrupted too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment