Thursday, May 24, 2012

Stones

I survived the field trip yesterday.  It was fun, but I think I'm getting too old for these all day field trips!  I've been in a fog all day.  We went to an amusement park a couple of hours from home, Dollywood.  The kids had a blast, and my daredevil daughter rode 4 roller coasters.  She certainly doesn't get that from me.  I was the bag lady all day.  I watched everyone's stuff while they rode rides.  I did win a huge stuffed pink flamingo, though!  One of the kids in the group said I bet out him and two five-year-olds to get it.  Hey, it was a PINK FLAMINGO!  You've gotta do what you've gotta do!

I stayed out of the little shops there, which took a lot of willpower.  However, I did stumble into this little place that had stones for sale.  They were very inexpensive, and I can see them wrapped with wire, hanging from a delicate chain.  


I wound up with pink agate, quartz crystal, sodalite, amethyst, adventurine, and one other that I think I forgot to pick up information on.  Oh, well.  They also had quite a few unpolished stones, which would have also been interesting.  Probably should have picked a couple up.

We have a softball game this evening, but I'm fantasizing about going to bed early.  Probably won't happen, but I sure do need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment