Sunday, June 17, 2012

Keep it simple

This is going to be a busy week.  Our vacation bible school started tonight at church, so I'm going to have little time to do any beading this week.  Since that's the case, I decided to focus on simple projects--projects that can be put together quickly when time is tight.  Tonight I made these owl earrings.


When I think of owls, I think of the forest, of course, but I also think of black nights with full moons.  The black beads I used have a crackle finish.  The white crackled portions made me think of lightening flashing through the sky on a stormy night, and those who know me know I love storms.  Not the ones that cause damage, but the evening thunderstorms that tend to pop up during the summer.  There's just something about a good thunderstorm that is invigorating.  Weird?  Maybe, but I know I can draw more inspiration from a cloudy, stormy day than a beautiful sunny one.

So, this week, expect simple designs on my blog.  Whether I wind up with earrings, bracelets or necklaces, they'll all be quick and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment