Friday, June 22, 2012

Keep it simple part 3

Today is our 16th wedding anniversary.  In one way it seems hard to believe it's been that long.  Other times, it's hard to remember what life was like before we met.  I have to say that even after all these years I'm as happy with Travis as I was the day we married.  I truly believe we're perfect for each other!



I made this bracelet last night, using some brown cording, blue and tan beads, and a wooden bead as the clasp.  


It was actually quite simple to make, and worked up quickly.  The biggest challenge was making sure my beads had holes big enough for the cord to pass through twice.  I really like the way it turned out, and I'm wearing it today with a denim skirt and navy tee.  

I have a hard time making a bracelet without matching earrings, so I made these to go with it.


The cording that's knotted onto the wrapped loop ties the earrings in with the bracelet well.  

I'm thinking of making a few changes to my etsy shop to make it more interesting.  I've got a few ideas, so once I get everything worked out I'll post about it.

Yesterday I received an application to reserve a space in our local craft and entertainment festival this Labor Day weekend.  I haven't completed it yet, but I think I may go through with it.  This will be my first real festival and I'm nervous . There are two others I'm considering as well--both larger than our hometown one.  I've got to make some decisions soon about whether or not to participate.  

Thank goodness it's Friday!  Hopefully I can find time this weekend to pull together some not-as-simple designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment