Monday, March 11, 2013

New project

I started a new project last night.  I found this pin on the Jennifer Jangles blog the other day, and absolutely fell in love.

This is a free pattern you can receive by signing up for her newsletter at jenniferjangles.blogspot.com.  It combines two of my favorite things--jewelry and sewing.  I choose these materials:

Not as cute as the materials she used, but I was limited to what my local Walmart had in stock.  Last night I cut the pieces out and started sewing the petals.  I'm doing all the sewing by hand because I have a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with my sewing machine.  I figured I'd save time and sanity by just doing it by hand.  The petals are small anyway, and I can work on them while watching tv.  

I hope to finish this either tonight or tomorrow night, and I'll post pics.  I think I have enough fabric in my stash to make another one in a different pattern.  So many choices, so little time...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment