Friday, March 8, 2013

I'm still here

Has it really been a week since I last posted?!  What a week.  I finally broke down and went to the doctor on Monday, so now I'm almost over this nasty sinus infection.  We got a little snow on Wednesday, so we got a snow day from work.  Yay!  Even better--I felt like getting on the torch that day for the first time in over a week.  

Now that it's nearly spring (at least according to the calendar), I finally decided to use the pinecone bead Trav got me for Christmas.  I don't know that I have ever struggled with a design as much as I did this one.  I fought with it for a couple of hours, and finally wound up with this really simple design.

There is absolutely no reason something this simple should have taken so long, but it seemed like every decision was agonizing.  First, I couldn't decide what kind of glass bead to use.  Then, I couldn't decide which chain.  I finally found some silver chain I liked, but didn't have enough of it.  So, I strung some seed beads and then added the chain toward the end.  Didn't like it, so I took it apart.  Finally, after spending what seemed like forever on it, I found this particular copper chain, and noticed that it was slightly darker than my other copper chain.  Perfect.  Finally!  I'm not the neatest beader, either, so I had quite the mess to clean up when I was done.

The weather this weekend is supposed to be really nice, and I've got my fingers crossed for a lazy weekend at home before softball season really cranks up!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment