Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bead Weaving

Shortly after taking my first beading class, I had the opportunity to take a class in bead weaving.  At the time, being new to beading, I had no idea you could actually make jewelry with a needle, thread and some seed beads.  Having always enjoyed sewing, I thought it sounded like fun.  And, I was right!  I immediately fell in love with bead weaving, and since that first spiral rope bracelet I have taught myself the basics in several other stitches--peyote, herringbone, square stitch...  There are several things I like about bead weaving.  First, I find it very relaxing to get lost in the rhythm of stitching.  Second, it's portable.  I've stitched many a piece of jewelry while riding in the car on long trips or waiting for my daughter at softball practice.  Bead weaving is also very easy to do while watching tv with the family. 


If you haven't given bead weaving a try, I encourage you to do so.  Despite its intimidating look, most stitches are actually quite simple.  Besides, who couldn't use a new way to relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment