Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

This is the first time I've tried blogging from my phone, so it may be a complete disaster! Today starts a new year, and I have to say 2012 was a rather good year. I started this blog, and I crossed an item off my bucket list--getting published. I had a necklace appear in the October issue of Bead Trends, and I've had a necklace accepted for the March issue and a pair of earrings accepted for the May issue. It's been a dream come true for me! 2013 promises to be exciting, as well, with the opportunity to learn to make glass beads coming up in a couple of weeks.

This is my first completed piece of the new year. I used the little Humblebead owl I received for Christmas, and stitched a spiral rope for the chain. I love the colors! I'm nearly finished with the matching bracelet, and hope to finish matching earrings soon.

Tomorrow is my last day off before returning to work. I don't know why holidays have to fly by!


No comments:

Post a Comment