Monday, January 21, 2013

Glass bead class

This weekend was my glass bead making class and I had such a good time!  It's definitely more complicated than it looks.  This is a picture of the beads I made:

Some are decent for a first attempt and some were downright flops!  But, it was fun and I think with some practice I can work out the kinks.  I've had ideas running through my head about beads I can make.  I have almost everything I need to make them at home, and hopefully by the end of the week I'll be all set up.  

The class was pretty tiring--mentally and physically!  If Travis hadn't gone with me I would have gone back to the condo Saturday night and collapsed immediately.  One of the most amazing things is I came through the class without a single burn!  I get burned practically every time I iron or steam clothes, so I really did expect to have at least a few nasty ones.  

So, it was an expensive weekend, but definitely worth it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment