Thursday, July 19, 2012

Getting closer

It's getting closer to time to leave for the beach!  I have to say I'm happy this week has gone by fairly quickly.  I thought it would absolutely drag by, but I'm pleased to say it hasn't.  Of course, I couldn't get through the week without an adventure.  We had a blood drive at work on Tuesday.  I give blood regularly, so I didn't think much about going.  After I gave, I hung out for a little while, but when I left I nearly passed out in the parking lot, grabbed the back of someone's truck, and fell.  Luckily, I only wound up with a skinned knee and elbow, but apparently I tried to hang onto the truck because the next morning my upper arm felt as if something was pulled.  I remember reaching for the truck and then hitting the ground, but I don't remember trying to catch myself.  Managed to get up and make it back to the blood mobile, where I laid down until I felt better.  Quite the day!

The worst part was that at some point a jump ring came loose on the lariat I was wearing and part of it came off.  Not quite sure when that happened--luckily I had both parts hanging from my dress when I got in the car.  It's an easy fix--just haven't had time to do it yet.

This is another necklace I made for the beach:


I found the pendant at a bead shop a couple of years ago, and have been hoarding it ever since.  Unfortunately, I made the necklace a little too long, so I'll have to shorten it before we leave.  Guess I should have paid more attention!

Counting down the hours now!

No comments:

Post a Comment