Thursday, June 6, 2013

Sneak Peek

I decided to enter the Humblebeads call for submissions that was advertised a couple of weeks ago.  The challenge was to use one of the best sellers and create a piece for publication in a quarterly that Heather Powers will be putting out.  Winners will be announced on Saturday, and I've got my fingers crossed.  In the meantime, here is a little sneak peek of the necklace I made.



As you may recall, last time I posted I mentioned the field trip I was getting ready to go on with a bunch of 8th graders.  The good news is I survived.  The better news is I survived without a major sunburn.  But, boy was it hot.  And boring.  I spent 3 hours on the same bench waiting for the kids to ride roller coasters.  I couldn't budge because I was in a shady spot and there was no way I was giving that up.  I also learned that my little Nissan is not big enough for three 14-year-old girls.  I was sure they'd sleep all the way home.  Wrong!  I've never seen a more hyper group of kids.  Don't know where they get their energy!  Here's the bunch I spent most of my day with.

Tyler, Megan, Jessica, Hannah, Holden, Tre

My child is 4th from the left.  I think they had a good time.  I was utterly exhausted afterwards! 

Gotta get to work soon on a couple of pieces I've promised to people!  








No comments:

Post a Comment