Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Concert, time off, and new beads

This weekend, the girls and I went to a concert with one of their friends and her mother.  We saw One Direction in Raleigh, NC.  It was a good show, but I wasn't sure my hearing would ever return to normal!  The girls had a blast, and made their own shirts to wear.


I really felt old when I realized kids don't pull out cigarette lighters during slow songs anymore.  They use the flashlight app on their phones!  Technology...



While I was in Raleigh, we stopped by Ornamentea.  I could have spent  hours in that store, and a fortune along with it.  I picked up some really cute goodies, and hope to have pics posted in the next day or two.

I decided to take Monday off work to recover from the concert (another sign of getting old, I suppose) and decided to make some glass beads, then etch them.  They're still curing, but this is what they look like.


I experimented with different colors of glass, but would like to make something using only clear glass that is etched.  They look a lot like sea glass, and I'm loving them.  

I also cut out some more tin discs and plan to use them shortly.  I've decided I could really get a lot accomplished if it weren't for one small detail--my day job!



No comments:

Post a Comment