Wednesday, June 12, 2013

New pendants

The other day I received these goodies I had ordered from Jangles in the mail:


 I was so excited!  I'm a huge fan of Jangles beads and if I can ever get back into sewing, I have my eye on her owl pattern.  

I took two 11-year-old girls shopping, and after they had just about worn me out, and had gone everywhere they wanted, I convinced them to go to Michaels.  And, what did I find there?  More Jangles pendants!  On clearance!!  I nearly cleared out the store, and picked up these (among others):






 They're such happy little things, and with some stressful things going on at work right now (just typical human resources stuff), I need some happy jewelry!

I also decided to start taking an art class this summer.  The lady who teaches the class the girls take decided to offer an adult class one night a week this summer.  I'm not good at drawing, but I've seen enough of the girls' work to know they do a lot of mixed media stuff.  So, I decided to give it a go.  It's not like I have anything to lose, and I think it's good to learn new things.  Last night was the first class, and it was so much fun.  Here's the finished project:


 My branches aren't nearly as "flowy" as in nature, but I do have an accounting degree, so I tend to be a too precise sometimes.   But, it was fun, and relaxing, and I had a good time, which is what I was hoping for.  My one request for the summer was to do an owl, so we'll see how that goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment