Monday, May 6, 2013

Adventures in drilling

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you know that my BFF asked me to make some jewelry out of a broken piece of china that was her aunt's wedding china.  Last week, I decided to try to drill holes in the broken pieces to make pendants, and it's not as easy as I thought it would be.  I had to make Travis buy a special drill bit, which helped. The first piece I drilled with the new bit wasn't bad.  The second broke, and the third was okay.  The fourth took forever.  I figured my wrist would be sore the next day, but surprisingly it wasn't.  This is one of the drilled pieces:

The other is very similar in shape.  I've got a couple more pieces that are already sanded down, and I'm going to try to get the jewelry finished by Saturday, since I'll be going to a birthday party for my friend's little girl.  I can't wait--I haven't seen them since they moved to Ohio!

No comments:

Post a Comment