Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mini vacation

Since the kids are out of school this week, we decided to take a mini vacation to the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee.  We left Sunday afternoon, came back on Tuesday, and headed straight to the softball field for a double header.  Had another double header last night, and a game planned for this evening if the rain holds off.  I'm starting to wonder if you can die from sleepiness!  

I haven't had a chance to make any new jewelry, but I did get to visit a small bead store in Gatlinburg.  I only bought a few things, and haven't managed to photograph them yet, but I do have a few other pictures from the aquarium we visited while on our trip.

A cute little seahorse...


A sea dragon...I think these are so interesting.





A big jellyfish...I love to look at these as long as they're safely contained in a tank.





Katie's favorite--penguins...





And, finally, my girls with a penguin statue. Katie is on the right, and probably would have taken this little guy home if we could have moved him.



We also made a stop at Bass Pro Shop, where they have some nice tackle boxes that would be great for bead storage.  Wish now I had picked one up!

No comments:

Post a Comment