Things are finally getting back to normal--somewhat--after my teaching stint last week and my mishap with a can lid Thursday evening. The class I taught went well and I enjoyed it more than I expected! Thursday evening I was rushing around, trying to fix dinner before taking Katie to gymnastics. I opened a can of mandarin oranges, but the can opener didn't completely do the job, so I used a spoon to pry open the lid a little. Then, I did the smartest thing I've done lately (insert sarcasm). I pulled up the lid with my hand. I'm not sure exactly what happened from there, but the lid sliced right into the base of my thumb where it meets the rest of my hand. I honestly thought I might need stitches, but in the end decided to let it go. It's still sore, but has finally closed up nicely, with the help of some Neosporin and band-aids.
Last night I pulled out Travis' dremel and sanded down a few of the broken pieces of china.
I really like the funky shapes--especially the pieces that look like birdhouses. I'm definitely going to make a pearl chain for one of the pieces, and i plan to do some beadweaving for another. Still debating about the rest... I'd like to try drilling a hole in some of them instead of gluing on a bail, but I'm not sure how that will turn out. Guess there's only one way to find out!