Friday, April 19, 2013

Stress and relaxation

I hate stress.  I know everyone suffers from it, but it seems like this week has been a doozy.  Luckily, I'm going to a conference Sunday through Wednesday at what appears to be a pretty swanky place.  I've never been there, but from what I've seen and heard it will be very enjoyable.  We even get afternoon tea!  I don't like tea, but that just sounds so prissy!  (It's the little things that excite me).  I'm looking forward to seeing colleagues that I only see at this type of thing, but I'm really looking forward to some downtime for a couple of nights.  I'll try to post some pics of the place--it's supposed to be very pretty. 

Yesterday evening I was so excited to get to sit down and make some new jewelry.  I pulled out a bunch of beads, sat down, and went completely blank.  Yep.  Maybe I was tired, maybe I was overwhelmed at the reasonably new goodies (new as in sitting in a bag for a few weeks or months)...it really took me a while to get going.  But, then I came up with this:

The pendant was created by a coworker, and I had sets of beads that complimented it perfectly.  I paired it with a yellow shirt today, and the blues and greens in the necklace look great against that color.

Now to enjoy a nice, wet day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment