Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day.  This is a day when most people celebrate the love in their life.  Unfortunately, it's not one of my favorite days.  Now, this has nothing to do with my husband, who is absolutely wonderful and everything I could ask for.  Five years ago today was the last time I saw my sister.  She passed away very suddenly two days later from a blood clot.  She was only 28, and left behind my 7-month old nephew.  It's just a difficult time of year for my family.  Time has made it easier, but this day will always have her memory attached to it.  

Okay, now that I've completely ruined everyone's mood...

I've been spending a lot of time on the torch lately, as I've mentioned (many times!).  Right now my favorite beads to make are these swirly ones:

The green one got a little blobby on me, but the red, white and blue one turned out well.  I turned the black one into a pendant for my mom for Valentine's Day (hope she doesn't read this before I give it to her!).  

I want to get back to making more jewelry and doing some beadweaving, but the torch just keeps calling my name...

I apologize for being a downer today, and I truly hope everyone has a fantastic Valentine's Day!!

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment