Tuesday, February 5, 2013

New Beads

I was able to get on the torch last night for a while, and made several new beads.  If I learned one thing, it's that I don't have much arm strength!  My arms were so tired they were shaking at one point, which may explain why some of these beads wound up with a pretty wonky (yes, that's my technical term) shape.

I had high hopes for this bead.  I had hoped it would be a pendant, but it wound up with a bit of an odd shape.  I'm blaming the tired arms!

These little gray beads were to be the earrings to match the gray and yellow pendant.  They turned out okay, so I'll probably use them.

This was my first time making hearts since the bead class.  It didn't turn out too bad.  The shape is slightly off, and the third heart (not pictured) is a little off.  Hannah really liked it, though.

I designed these beads to go with a starry night pendant from Round Rabbit that I've been hoarding for months.  They're not perfect, but may be usable, since I'm not necessarily going for a perfect look with the necklace I have in mind.

All in all, not a bad night.  I definitely need to practice and build up my arm strength, but it was still a lot of fun.  Someday my beads will be good enough to list in my etsy shop.


 

1 comment: