Thursday, December 27, 2012

Santa was good to me

Apparently I was a very good girl this year, because Santa was extra good to me.  For starters, I received these beautiful beads from Humblebeads:



I was creating designs for them in my head last night when I fell asleep.  I can't decide which I like the most.

The topper, though, was Trav signed me up to take a glass bead making class with Robbie Gentry from Heirlooms in Glass.  I've seen her work for several years at the Virginia Highlands Festival in Abingdon, VA, and every year I talk about how someday I'd love to take one of her classes.  Now I get to!  The class is on Jan. 19 and 20, in Knoxville, TN, which is about 3 hours away from home.  I'm beyond excited!  I just hope I don't burn myself too badly with the torch.  I'm a bit accident prone! 

And, it looks like we're getting a new addition to our family (and, no, I'm not pregnant!).  Hannah's friend is giving away her guinea pig, and guess who's taking it?  Yep--us.  As if one mostly human dog and two sassy cats aren't enough...  

Off to "do" Christmas with the inlaws now...   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment