Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Washington, D.C.

I just got back from a conference in the Washington, D.C. area--National Harbor, MD, to be exact.  I won't bore you with the details of the conference, although what could be more exciting than hundreds of human resources professionals gathered in a room together?  I did a little wandering around, and I saw this sculpture near the Potomac River.

 This is only part of the sculpture.  It's huge, and also has the man's legs sticking up out of the sand.  I tried to convince my boss we need a similar sculpture sticking out of our man-made lake on campus, but he didn't go for it.  

There was a Peeps store nearby, too.  I had never seen one of those--didn't even know they existed.  They had some really cute stuff, and, of course, lots of Peeps.  I brought back some gingerbread flavored ones that were quite good.  I couldn't resist picking these up, too.

I do have a thing for socks, after all!

I also got to visit the Potomac Bead Company, which is a two story (!!!) bead store in Alexandria, Va.  I behaved myself pretty well, all things considered.  I'll try to post pics of my goodies tomorrow.

Today is our last day of work until Monday, in honor of Thanksgiving.  There are many things I love about working in higher ed.  The holidays are, perhaps, my favorite!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment