Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Beach Fever

Today we had a rare February thunderstorm.  I love a good storm as much as the next person (maybe more!), but all this snow, rain and mud have made me anxious to go here:



I spent the week after Christmas at Nags Head, NC with my family and while I was there I decided to visit a local bead shop, Cloud Nine.  They were offering classes on wire wrapping beach glass, so I decided to give it a shot.  I had a blast, and this was the result:



I have to admit I was never much of a beach person until I started making jewelry.  After that I started noticing the uniqueness of the seashells and all the subtle colors in each of them.  It was as if the beach was a giant bead shop!  I made this necklace after a trip to Carolina Beach, NC a couple of years ago:


It may be a while before I make it back to the beach, but at least I have these goodies to use in the meantime:





Hope you're having beautiful weather where you live!


No comments:

Post a Comment