Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year

Happy new year--just a little late!  Hard to believe 2013 has come and gone, and we're now 3 days into 2014.  I have to say 2013 was not the greatest of years.  It's not that anything bad happened--I just suffered from a lot of work burnout and general feelings of being in a rut.  But, now it's a new year, with new goals!

I just finished up an almost 2 week vacation from work--one of the perks of working for a college.  It was a much-needed break, and I was able to relax and enjoy time with my family.  I spent one day organizing my bead stash, and I'm pretty sure I could open my own bead store with what I already have!  It's not perfect, but everything is much more organized than it was before.  I have to make do with very limited space.  

My husband ventured into Michaels, and bought some beads and tools for me for Christmas.  I used a couple of them to make these earrings.


They're a bit flashy, and very fun to wear!  

I intended to get back on the torch for the first time in months, but, well, it just didn't happen.  Maybe soon!

I hope the upcoming year treats everyone especially well!  I'm very optimistic that it will be a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment