Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I'm back

Last Thursday - Saturday I attended a human resources conference in Washington, D.C. (well, technically, it was on the Maryland side of the river in National Harbor).  I stayed at a hotel with the most beautiful atrium.  They had a large Christmas tree suspended from the ceiling that they lit every night, with the lights choreographed to Christmas carols.  They also had fake snow during the lighting!  I discovered this while getting my coffee one evening (yes, there was a Starbucks-like coffee shop in the atrium!!).  There were little shops and restaurants, and even a toy train that ran through it.  It was wonderful!


On my way home Saturday I stopped at the Potomac Bead Company in nearby Alexandria, VA.  I bought a few things, but haven't taken pictures yet.  On my way out, I took a wrong turn somewhere and wound up heading back to Maryland, instead of home.  About the time I realized my mistake, my gps died.  It eventually came back on, but I spent about an hour lost, driving in what felt like complete circles.  I think my gps was amused.  I was not!  No surprise I got lost.  It's the very rare occasion I travel without a hitch.

Today is the last work day this week.  I'm very excited about having tomorrow off with no place to go.  I plan to do some baking and cooking for Thanksgiving, and make some Christmas jewelry.  We're expecting several inches of snow, but I hope we don't get too much.  We always go to my in-laws house and my parents' house for dinner (two dinners in one day--can't beat that!), and I hope the roads are safe.

I hope everyone who travels this week is able to do so safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment