Friday, July 10, 2015

Glass blowing inspiration

Last week our family took a day trip to a fairly (as in 2.5-3 hours away) close amusement park, Dollywood, in Pigeon Forge, TN.  I'm not a huge fan of amusement parks, being the huge chicken I am, but there is an amazing glass shop at the park that I love.  They have the most amazing pieces in there--my favorites are the glass pumpkins.

Anyway, this time I was lucky enough to catch a glass blowing demonstration.  The artist spent a good while making a beautiful glass angel for a family there.  


Unfortunately, when he finished and pulled the mandrel from the top of the angel's head, it cracked.  Everyone gasped, and I can only imagine how disappointed the artist was.  

The demonstration inspired me to head down to the basement and whip up some glass beads.





I turned this pair into some earrings.


I made another bead, but it's currently being turned into a necklace.  Pics will follow--hopefully soon!

Personally, I'm quite thankful it's Friday!  Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment