Monday, January 26, 2015

Hair clip bracelet

Last week a friend of mine asked me to make a bracelet out of an old hair clip.  I immediately said yes, then fretted all week over exactly how I was going to do it.  Hair clips are a little wide to actually fit on your wrist properly.  Naturally, I didn't take a "before" picture, but this is a close-up of the hair clip after I finished the bracelet.



When I cut the clip part off the back, I saw that the decorative part was in 3 pieces that looked like they had been glued back together at some point.  That was good news, because I was able to take the 3 pieces apart and move the gold parts closer together, making it fit the wrist better.  

I originally thought about drilling holes in each side of the gold part, but then found a cuff bracelet I had bought years ago and never wore.  It had black beading around the top and bottom, but I was able to easily remove the black beads and replace them with gold seed beads and black and clear crystals.  Then, I simply glued the decorative part onto the cuff, using lots of E6000 glue.  

Here's the finished piece.



Hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment